Indian states ranking by fertility rate
This is a list of the States of India ranked in order of number of children born for each woman. Based on this study,the following Indian states,if they continue their current trends of fertility rate or lower them further, would stop contributing to population growth in India in future - Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Delhi, Jammu And Kashmir, Karnataka and Sikkim.
All the four South Indian states Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka as well as Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Sikkim, and Tripura, and the union territories of Delhi, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, Andaman and Nicobar and Chandigarh, registered a low fertility rate below the crucial 2.1. These states accounted for 50.4% of India's population in 2011.
This information was compiled from Chapter-3, ESTIMATES OF FERTILITY INDICATORS from the SRS Report(2012) released by the Census Commission of India. The detailed survey can be viewed in the following website 
|Rank||State||Fertility rate 2012||Fertility rate 2010||Change(10-12)||Fertility rate 2004||Change(04-12)||Comparable Country/Region|
|9||Jammu and Kashmir||1.9||2.0||-0.1||2.4||-0.5||United Kingdom|
|14||Assam||2.4||2.5||-0.1||2.9||-0.5||United Arab Emirates|
Country comparisons use data from the Population Reference Bureau.
Google Chart TFR vs Area vs Population
- Table in Chapter 3 Vital Statistics of India, Estimates of Fertility Indicators, Census of India, Government of India (2013), page 48
Recommended for you (Gravity)
- Kanye West apologizes to Beck for Grammy outburst
- Johansson: Nothing 'creepy or inappropriate' about Travolta
- Gisele Bündchen shares glimpse of her secret wedding dress in honor of wedding anniversary
- Radio show surprises grieving mom with six months of mortgage payments and $5,000
- New York Daily News, tabloid NYC paper, may be up for sale